My speaker topics
Taking the Stress out of Leadership!
This is my core area of expertise and the one I speak about most often. For shorter seminars this is called ‘Taking the Stress out of Life’ but for half day workshops on Executive Stress the full title is ‘Taking the Stress out of Leadership!’
Extensive research confirms that significant stress affects your well-being and performance. It is proven that people are more productive if they feel in control of what they can influence and alter. I am to deliver a pragmatic set of tools that supports both an individual understanding of how to moderate stress and how to recognise stress in others.
What are the Benefits of Attending?
1. You will learn the Ten Point Plan: ten proven strategies that help you reduce stress immediately and make a difference to how well you handle it in the future.
2. You will be able to determine the significance of your own symptoms of stress and learn simple techniques to manage them well.
4. You’ll be able to identify stress in other people and support them to manage it better
5. You’ll receive a copy of my book ‘Taking the Stress out of Leadership’ for each delegate
Testimonials from a recent conference with Securicare
Excellent programme – all very interesting
I enjoyed the guest speakers, thoroughly enjoyed the speakers. They were all attention grabbing and fascinating to listen to, I would rate this conference as the best I have attended for content.
Presenters on Saturday were a treat to have
Excellent speakers this year. Saturday pm was brilliant.
Truly inspirational speakers
All guest speakers on Saturday were amazing. Inspirational in different ways.
All speakers excellent and well-motivated.
The Guest Speakers this year were Inspirational….How will they be followed, I don’t know. The Best in 18 years for me.
Strategically Managing Change
Strategically Managing Change is an important subject at a time when organizations have to introduce new processes, and modify old processes, in order to remain competitive. The impact of frequent change, or infrequent but significant change, to people can often be de-motivating and negative. It doesn’t have to be though. This session is designed to help understand how and why people react to change. The more we understand people, the better we can implement change initiatives, maintain productivity and maximise the effectiveness of everyone involved.
What are the benefits from the workshop:
1. I’ll define ‘Change’ and its impact both in recent years within Industry and on people
2. I’ll introduce a personality characteristic that differentiates those people who are likely to cope well with change and those who cope less well
3. This will help suggest ways of encouraging both personality types to work well together
4. It will lead to making a number of recommendations which ensure change initiatives are as effective as possible.
Each delegate will receive a workbook to help them handle difficult periods of change
This is an interactive session using exercises and a personality questionnaire to illustrate the pertinent points, and includes time for group discussion.
Leadership Resilience & Sustainable Performance
This is a newer session capitalising on the positive way to view the skill of handling stress and building resilience both in yourself and members of your team. I cover the tools and tips from the stress session but also explain:
1. What resilience is and how it’s learnt
2. How to look for resilinence in your life so far and capitalise on what periods of difficulty and change may have taught you
3. Developing a resilience attitude to life and how to bounce back from difficulties
4. Adopting tools, techniques and actions that enable resilience in business
This session is also interactive involving a personal and very revealing exercise called The Lifeline Exercise. There is a workbook for delegate’s use